Thank you for presenting at the 19th Australian Agronomy Conference.
Please check the online program to re-confirm the day, time and room of the session you have been allocated. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Please click here to view a video message from Dr Jeff McCormick
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly, please ensure you start and finish your presentations on time.
Before the Session
- Please upload your PowerPoint presentation to the following Dropbox folder prior to the conference – Agronomy Presentations (Name your file Day_Surname_Firstname) If you have multiple presentations please number them 1, 2, 3 etc as they appear in the conference program.
- Also bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB (Embed any content such as audio or video – don’t link to external files)
- When you register at the venue we will direct you to the Speakers Preparation Room
- Visit the Speakers Preparation Room prior to your session to ensure the AV technicians have the correct file and it has been uploaded successfully.
- The presentation computers use the PowerPoint with Windows operating system
- Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venues screens.
- As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program
(Visit the Speakers Preparation Room on arrival to discuss with the technician)
- Abstracts and full papers will be available on the Australian Agronomy Society website prior to the conference
- PowerPoint presentations will be added to the website post conference – please notify Conference Design if you do wish for your slides to be published.
During the Session
- Please go to your session room 10 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair and familiarise yourself with the room
(The name of your session chair is noted in the program)
- A technician in your room will assist you and trouble shoot technical issues if they arise
- Please sit in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program (10 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions)
- The session chair will flash time cards at 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute prior to the end of your session
- At the end of your session the chair will ring a bell for your to conclude immediately
- The chair will only ask a question if you have finished in time
- At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion
Oral presentations will be allocated 10 minutes for presentation plus 5 minutes for questions.
Short Oral Presentations
Short oral presentations will be allocated 3 minutes for presentation plus 2 minutes for questions.
All presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. Presenters also need to meet their own travel and accommodation costs.
Each lecture room will be equipped for the presentation of Power Point slides and include a data projector, computer (with external speakers), lectern and microphone. Other audiovisual aids, such as Overhead Projectors, are not available.
Video and audio clips should be embedded in your Power Point slides rather than linking to external files.
Presenters should upload their files prior to the conference and alsol take their Power Point slides to the conference on a memory stick.
PowerPoint Presentations should be in 16:9 aspect.
All slides will be run from a central presentation computer. However, if you have a complex presentation, which includes multiple media files, we suggest you bring your own laptop as a backup in case of difficulties loading your presentation.
Speakers Preparation Room
Please upload your presentation prior to the conference via the online Dropbox Folder – Agronomy Presentations
A speakers preparation room will also be available at the conference venue during the following times:
- Monday 26 August 2019
08:00 – 15:30
- Tuesday 27 August 2019
08:30 – 15:30
- Thursday 29 August 2019
08:00 – 15:30