Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest submissions have now closed.
On behalf of the Organising Committee, I invite you to submit an expression of interest to present your research at the 20th Australian Agronomy Conference to be held in Toowoomba Queensland from 17-21 October 2021. The submission of original research articles to ASA2021 will involve a two-step process, an initial short expression of interest and a final four-page research paper.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) will be accepted from Thursday 1 October 2020 until Wednesday 20 January 2021 Wednesday 27 January 2021. An EOI consists of a title, a 150-word research summary and up to five keywords (not included already in the title). The text should briefly address the following questions: What is the problem and why is it important? What was the research and key results? What are the implications for practice and science? The EOIs will be used to draft the conference program. Final papers can be submitted using your personalised link provided via email after EOI submissions close. Final paper submissions close on Monday 15 March 2021. The format for final papers will be the same as in previous conferences. Final papers will be reviewed and presentation time slots for accepted papers will be allocated in the conference program according to the following criteria:
- Lead oral presentations (only one per concurrent session of 25 min including question time) are contributions that summarise achievements from significant research programs that took place over the last three to five years on a conference relevant theme.
- Oral presentations (up to four per concurrent session each of 15 min including questions) are contributions that summarise results from research activities that included multiple environments.
- Thumbnails (5 min presentation time including questions) are contributions that highlight results from one season of experimentation or highlight emerging issues.
The theme for the 2021 conference is System Solutions for Complex Problems, and the concurrent sessions will have the following subthemes:
- Using limited resources more efficiently
- Designing crops and cropping systems
- Designing pastures and pasture systems
- Designing farms and whole-farm systems
- Maximising productivity and sustainability of our soils at the field, farm and at scale
- Managing biotic stresses with better agronomy
- Managing abiotic stresses with better agronomy
All papers regardless of length of presentation slot offered will be refereed, and subject to editorial approval, included in the Proceedings and will be classified as normal conference publications. Authors might be approached for their interest to contribute to special issues.
After you have viewed the two-step process for submitting a EOI, click here to submit your EOI. You must submit an EOI to be eligible to submit a final research paper.
We look forward to receiving your paper and meeting with you in Toowoomba in October 2021.
President, Agronomy Australia 2020-2021
Share conference information with your network and colleagues #Agronomy2022